Friday, March 30, 2012

Reflections of Mina


This is Mina...a dark, mysterious and enigmatic girl I met on Facebook. She has a plethora of amazing pictures and I asked her if I could scrap her pictures using the wonderful Scraps of Darkness kit for March 2012 ~ Needful Things. I was ready to try several techniques on this page and also use many different types of materials. First, I misted, inked and distressed a white piece of Bazzill white orange peel texture card stock. Once I misted it I crumpled it up and while I was straightening out the paper the lower right hand corner ripped and came off in my hand. So I distressed the torn edges and taped the back. I then intentionally ripped more parts of the paper and used the same technique there but they got lost in the layers.


Once I distressed the edges I used some black soot distress ink and ran that over the entire background paper. Once that dried I used my embossing ink pad and pressed it down on random parts around my page and then sprinkled spiced marmalade distress embossing powder on the entire area. After shaking off the excess and heating with the heat gun it looked like the picture above.




Here you can see the cheese cloth and the vine ribbon I layered behind the photo, the jewelry piece I got from a friend and is old and broken but goes perfect with the layout. The wings and skull are grunge board shapes that I inked with a bottle of broken china distress ink then with a black soot distress pad before covering them in copper embossing powder. I drizzled fabric glue on random places around the page then sprinkled some black and iridescent green seed beads on the finished page to bring out some texture. In this photo you can also see the stamped hot air balloon from Glitz. I used broken china ink on that too and also used clear embossing powder on that to make it stand out a bit more.


In the top left corner I used another Glitz corner stamp, using black embossing powder. The butterfly is clip art I found and printed up on photo paper. I inked the white background around it to make it blend in with the layout a bit better. The eye, the heart and the steam punk Mr. Potato head are all photos that I inked as well and found on the internet. I misted everything with a turquoise mist that I made with acrylic paint and pearl colored powder from perfect pearl's metallic collection. I misted everything on the layout with it except the photos and the grunge shapes. I'm very pleased with how this came out. Thanks for reading my blog! Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment